What is IELSP?
Offered by the United State Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the Indonesia English Language Study Program (IELSP) is a scholarship program that grants undergraduate students across Indonesia the opportunity to attend an eight-week intensive English program at a University located in the United States.
This program will help rising young Indonesian leaders simultaneously improve their English language proficiency while developing their critical thinking skills. It will also provide them with an important opportunity to gain an enhanced understanding of American society and culture, as well as establish ties that will continue throughout their academic and professional careers.
Academically rigorous and intellectually challenging, each program will not only include opportunities for participants to practice their English skills through formal classroom instruction, but also through opportunities for informal discussion with American citizens from a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- Applicants must be between 19 – 24 years of age
- Participant must be a bachelor’s student in their fifth semester or later in any field of study from any university in Indonesia and have not yet declared pass or are not in the course of degree completion
- Applicant must have a good English proficiency with minimum TOEFL® score of 450 (either the International TOEFL® or the TOEFL® ITP)
- Applicant must possess a good academic record
- Applicant must be active in organizations or other activities
- Applicant must commit to returning to home university immediately after the program
- Applicant must be active, mature, responsible, independent, confident, open-minded, tolerant, thoughtful and inquisitive
- Applicant must have good computer skills
- 2012 Cohort 10: all completed application forms (including all necessary supporting documents) must be received by IIEF no later than November 18, 2011.
- All parts of the application forms must be completed. Incomplete application forms will not be included in the selection process.
- Applicants must complete the application forms in English and sign in the given space.
- Applicants must attach all supporting documents required.
- Completed application forms missing one or more supporting documents required will not be included in the selection process. For the list of supporting documents, please refer to the DOCUMENT CHECKLIST section.
- Only the scores of TOEFL® ITP or International TOEFL® are accepted. The score must be NO more than two years of validity since the test date. Scores of any Prediction Tests are NOT accepted.
- Letters of Reference must be put in a sealed envelope.
- Completed and signed IELSP application form
- One (1) color photograph 4 x 6 cm from the last 6 months – affix it in the provided box
- One (1) copy of TOEFL®ITP or International TOEFL® score
- One (1) copy of valid Identification Card (KTP)
- An official letter of enrollment from university, stating that you are still an active student and have not graduated yet/not completed any graduation process (including sidang skripsi)
- One (1) legalized copy of your university transcript records from the 1st semester to the last semester prior to the semester you are currently in
- One (1) copy of high school diploma (does not have to be translated)
- One (1) copy of high school transcript record (does not have to be translated)
- At least one (1) Letter of Reference from Faculty Member (use the attached from, and put it in a sealed envelope), preferably from your English teacher at the university. Attention: please do not send the letter separately. It must be attached to the application form
Source : http://www.iie.org/en/programs/ielsp